23 - 24 June, 2020
ETC County Hall
+ 44 (0) 207 368 9573
2018 Agenda Day 1
Win The Booking Of The Future
9:20 am - 9:40 am OPENING KEYNOTE: How to develop loyalty in a “price first” European market where the consumer is spoiled with choiceAndrew Watson - Vice President Digital, Loyalty & Portfolio Marketing Europe Marriott International
Andrew WatsonVice President Digital, Loyalty & Portfolio Marketing Europe
9:40 am - 10:00 am KEYNOTE: How To Better Use Your Data And Understand Tomorrow’s Customer In Order To Win Today’s BookingRob Muir - Chief Digital Officer National Express
- The evolution of how today’s customers have transformed into connected ones
- How will connected customers of the future purchase travel online?
- How is online travel distribution changing?
- How do you align your digital marketing strategies to cater for omnipotent individuals?
Rob MuirChief Digital Officer
10:00 am - 10:40 am FUTURE DISRUPTORS PANEL: Who are the new technology disruptors and are they worth the investment?David Armstrong - CEO HolidayPirates Group Martin Miodownik - Head of Technology Innovation City Sightseeing Worldwide Elena Novokreshchenova - General Manager, UK and Emerging Markets EMEA HomeAway Expedia Group Omri Orgad - VP Business Development Luminati
- Leveraging immersive technologies, what are they and how far are you from implementing them?
- How can you use wearables now and in the future in your digital campaign?
- How can you use them in real-life interactions with your customers?
- What are the latest trends in enhanced payment technologies that will facilitate easier online and app payments?
- Conversational UI: what is the new paradigm shift in voice recognition?
- How can you drive campaigns and experiences to attract the millennial customer by utilizing AI and bots?
- How can beacon technology and notifications provide an enhanced experience in practice?
Martin MiodownikHead of Technology Innovation
City Sightseeing Worldwide
Elena NovokreshchenovaGeneral Manager, UK and Emerging Markets EMEA
HomeAway Expedia Group
Omri OrgadVP Business Development
10:40 am - 11:00 am Case Study: From Outsourced to In-House—The Next Wave of Digital Marketing?Matthieu Betton - General Manager Europe Sojern Jose Luis Aranda - Global Digital Marketing Director Meliá Hotels International
11:00 am - 11:40 am Morning Refreshment Break
11:40 am - 12:00 pm CASE STUDY: How campaign intelligence enables travel leaders to find the future bookers for their diverse offers with deep learningCathy Thomson - Global Head of Customer Experience Hostelworld Daniel Kenneally - Sales Director Tinyclues
- Campaign intelligence is being used to build customer centric marketing campaigns that are aligned with business goals
- Deep learning technology can optimize campaign strategy, maximizing campaign business impact, and increasing message relevancy.
Cathy ThomsonGlobal Head of Customer Experience
Daniel KenneallySales Director
12:00 pm - 12:20 pm CASE STUDY: How to harness the power of data with AI and Machine Learning to stay competitive and offer customers the best booking experienceShravan Kochhar - Director Strategic Insights eDreams ODIGEO
12:20 pm - 12:40 pm CASE STUDY: How a revolution in data-driven marketing will change the travel industryTomas Salfischberger - CEO & Co-founder Relay42 Kevin Duijndam - Global Digital Marketing Head Air France KLM
12:40 pm - 1:55 pm Lunch
Relay 4212:40 pm - 1:55 pm Invite Only Masterclass with Lunch Kevin Duijndam - Global Digital Marketing Head Air France KLM Tomas Salfischberger - CEO & Co-founder Relay42
This session will explore the smart technologies in data-driven marketing and how to become truly customer-centric. We will deep-dive in use cases on connecting on- and offline channels, how to drive true 1-1 personalization across all channels, and how Artificial Intelligence takes its place in the marketing architecture and day-to-day business.
Kevin Duijndam, Global Digital Marketing Head, Air France KLM
Tomas Salfischberger , CEO & Co-founder, Relay42
Kevin DuijndamGlobal Digital Marketing Head
Air France KLM
Tomas SalfischbergerCEO & Co-founder
Stream A: Mastering Customer Centric Approach1:55 pm - 2:00 pm Chairperson’s Opening Remarks
Stream A: Mastering Customer Centric Approach2:00 pm - 2:40 pm CASE STUDY REVOLUTION: Stand out and win customers - How to improve your CX strategy to meet the demands of today’s connected customer David Irvine - Chief Technology Officer enaviga
- Benchmark best practices you need to implement to better measure your digital performance
- Learn how to align your customer experience strategy with customer expectations, behaviours, and motivations in order to create a successful CX strategy according to who your customers are
- Learn how to avoid customer experience pitfalls such as an inability to link the strategy to the corporate vision and mission, a failure to commit key resources to the program full time, the lack of appropriate executive alignment, a lack of discipline when measuring results, and an inability to take an end-to-end approach to CX
David IrvineChief Technology Officer
Stream A: Mastering Customer Centric Approach2:40 pm - 3:20 pm CASE STUDY: How Turkish Airlines approached personalization - Focus on mobile & desktop design differentiation Nurcan Alkan Solak - Online Regional Marketing Specialist Turkish Airlines
Stream A: Mastering Customer Centric Approach3:20 pm - 4:00 pm PANEL DISCUSSION: Is Customer Centricity key to conversion? Kavi Chaurasia - VP of Marketing Air Costa Mark Smith - President Kitewheel
- How needs and mindset differs according to channel (mobile vs PC)?
- How data can be leveraged to understand customer needs and improve conversion (e.g. intent, stage in the purchase cycle)
- How do we navigate the convenience vs choice vs content question? - Or is it all about price?
- What tools or processes have you put in place to orchestrate the customer experience in order to improve it for the customer, and so generate improved business results?
- How the advent of digital disruption is impacting customer experience?
- Which are the technology functions going forward can bring cross category changes in their business. E.g. Google assistant , wearables etc.
Kavi ChaurasiaVP of Marketing
Stream B: Mastering Digital Marketing & Data1:55 pm - 2:00 pm Chairperson’s Opening Remarks Dr Torsten Wingenter - Faculty Futur/io Futur/io - European Institute of Exponential Technologies & Desirable Futures
Dr Torsten WingenterFaculty Futur/io
Futur/io - European Institute of Exponential Technologies & Desirable Futures
Stream B: Mastering Digital Marketing & Data2:00 pm - 2:40 pm PANEL DISCUSSION: Will 2019’s programmatic marketing trends deliver efficiency, global scale and reach? Jose Luis Aranda - Global Digital Marketing Director Meliá Hotels International Luis Hurtado De Mendoza - Senior Director, Key and Distribution Accounts EMEA-LATAM Expedia Group Benjamin Martareche - Head Of Programmatic and Data eDreams ODIGEO Luca Romozzi - Senior Director of Tourism Sojern
- What are the 2019 top trends in programmatic marketing?
- How is direct trusted data sharing beginning to fully replace the commoditized third party data markets as the primary?
- Most effective ways for brands to gain valuable insight to inform their ad campaigns and publishers to increase the value of their inventory for mutual benefit
- Travellers don’t distinguish between different channels and devices so why should your brand?
- How to implement Omni channel programmatic marketing to reflect the needs of today’s consumers
Jose Luis ArandaGlobal Digital Marketing Director
Meliá Hotels International
Luis Hurtado De MendozaSenior Director, Key and Distribution Accounts EMEA-LATAM
Benjamin MartarecheHead Of Programmatic and Data
Luca RomozziSenior Director of Tourism
Stream B: Mastering Digital Marketing & Data2:40 pm - 3:00 pm Case Study: How Air France converts views to bookings using UGC Chloe Marchand - Global Head of Social Media Air France/KLM Andy Mallinson - Managing Director, EMEA Stackla
- How Air France is using authentic and trusted traveller content across all stages of the travel journey – from dreaming to planning, booking to advocacy.
- How Air France is increasing engagement and conversions on social ads with contextual, relevant UGC
- As millennials reshape the travel industry, how Air France’s new airline Joon is building authentic traveller experiences
- Applying AI and machine learning at scale to drive better online experiences and ROI
Chloe MarchandGlobal Head of Social Media
Andy MallinsonManaging Director, EMEA
Stream B: Mastering Digital Marketing & Data3:20 pm - 4:00 pm PANEL DISCUSSION: Data overload - How to better use your online data to increase sales and retention? Dilpreet Singh - Head of CRM and Customer Analytics The Oberoi Group Karim Elemam - Digital Analyst WestJet Airlines
- Learn best practices from global retail leaders on consolidating and analyzing unstructured data
- Turning mass data into customer experience: how to understand data silos and their significance in unlocking customer experience.
- Customer and partner engagement: Learn new ways to engage with your customers and partners.
- Data volume: Learn how to process the volume at an acceptable speed so that the information is available to decision makers when they need it
Dilpreet SinghHead of CRM and Customer Analytics
The Oberoi Group
Stream C: Mastering Digital Transformation1:55 pm - 2:00 pm Chairperson’s Opening Remarks
Stream C: Mastering Digital Transformation2:00 pm - 2:40 pm CASE STUDY REVOLUTION: Introducing mobile simplicity at Turkish Airlines – Mobile channel growth example Yusuf Duman - Online User Experience Engineer Turkish Airlines
Stream C: Mastering Digital Transformation2:40 pm - 3:20 pm OUR STORY: Collaborative Economics At Home Exchange And Guest to Guest Charles-Edouard Girard - President and Executive Chairman GuesttoGuest & HomeExchange
Stream C: Mastering Digital Transformation3:20 pm - 4:00 pm TRANSFERRABLE LESSONS: What can travel industry learn from successful retailers about customer centricity
Stream D: Execeutive Boardroom1:55 pm - 2:00 pm Chairperson’s Opening Remarks Remy Merckx - Vice President Digital Radisson Hotel Group
Stream D: Execeutive Boardroom2:00 pm - 2:40 pm Content designed for 10-12 Travel Leaders: *INVITE ONLY Setting the right data strategy and assessing organizational maturity & challenges to become data-driven
Our exclusive, invitation only CDO Forum is exclusive to CDOs and Digital Directors from the leading travel suppliers. This invitation-only session is limited to 25 guests, and provides an intimate, Chatham House session delving into the more strategic and forward thinking aspects of digitising your organisation. Topics for discussion are confirmed one week before the event to remain topical.
Stream D: Execeutive Boardroom2:40 pm - 4:00 pm BOARDROOM CONTINUES
4:00 pm - 4:40 pm Afternoon Refreshment Break
Next Generation Travel Technology
4:40 pm - 5:00 pm CASE STUDY: Social Media And Content Marketing – How Far Can You Stretch Your Content Assets?Nicole New - Senior Social Media Manager Trainline
5:00 pm - 5:10 pm INNOVATION SPOTLIGHT: How Virgin Holidays cut the AI BS
5:10 pm - 5:30 pm CASE STUDY: Give Your Travel Vision A Voice – How AI Is Shaping The Future Of TravelMax Amordeluso - EU Head of New Technologies Amazon
-How to implement big data informed pricing or “surge pricing” on your online platforms
-Rating system success: best practise is online and mobile rating systems
-Regulatory pressure and controversies, what’s next for Amazon in Europe?
Max AmordelusoEU Head of New Technologies